FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Ribbons for a Cure, Inc., has established a Financial Assistance Program for cancer patients and survivors who are experiencing financial challenges for cancer treatment or testing.
- Financial Assistance Program will be limited to cancer patients and survivors who are permanent residents of the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Ribbons for a Cure, Inc. will consider all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Financial Assistance Program award is a fixed amount determined by availability of funds.
- Financial Assistance Program may be used to fully or partially cover payment(s) for cancer related prescription medication, diagnostic testing or CT scans.
- Financial Assistance Program can NOT be used to cover any other costs.
- Only completed applications will be considered for the Financial Assistance Program.
- You MUST complete and submit the official Financial Assistance Program application.
- You MUST submit proof of residence with your completed application.
- You MUST submit an official receipt from a licensed pharmacy or diagnostic testing facility for reimbursement after application is approved. Your name must be included on all receipts.
- Submitted applications will be reviewed and processed in 2 to 4 weeks.
- If your application is approved, you will be notified by email and/or phone.
- Applications for patients under 18 must be submitted by the legal parent or guardian.
- Upon approval of the application, funds will be issued payable to the cancer patient or legal parent or guardian.
- Beneficiaries may continuously submit receipts within a 12-month period, from the date of approval, for reimbursement of expenses. No receipts for expenses prior to the approval date of the application will be honored.
- Beneficiaries who have not utilized the total amount of funds approved for reimbursement may not apply for additional funding in the next calendar year.
- Only one application may be submitted per person per calendar year.
- Ribbons for a Cure, Inc. will not use the first name, last name or other identifying information of any recipient without explicit permission.
- Financial Assistance Program recipients agree to provide Ribbons for a Cure, Inc. with a current photograph, quote or short testimonial regarding their experience, for use in reports and future promotional materials.
- Financial Assistance Program recipients agree to participate in follow-up surveys.
Ribbons for a Cure, Inc. reserves the right to:
- Request proof of identity and/or any other documents necessary to verify the details provided in your application before releasing funds.
- Reverse decisions for any reason, including if any information provided is found to be untruthful or false.